Why We Give
Cheerful giving begins with a change of heart when we realize that God created and owns it all. Instead of us giving a portion of our possessions and earnings back to God, we offer the first and best of what He has entrusted to us in appreciation of His generosity. Each one of us is a manager of a piece of God's great wealth. God doesn't need our gifts for Himself, He wants us to invest in His most valuable treasure - the people around us! After all, God led by example with His greatest gift ever, the gift of restoration and redemption through His Son, Christ Jesus. Investing in His kingdom means to use His resources to reach people everywhere with the good news of this free gift of grace. You can give with confidence knowing that this drives every decision we make.
Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life. -1 Timothy 6:17-19 (NLT)
How to use
- The Donate button above takes you to PayPal where you can enter a one time gift or select the box to make it a monthly recurring donation.
- There will be no fee charged to your gift and you will also recieve an automatic receipt for each gift you make.
- We use the PayPal system so you have complete control over how all your giving takes place.
- If you would like your gift to be designated for a specific ministry, a comment box will be provided before your transaction is complete. The following are some examples:
- Upward Soccer
- Jesus Mafia (youth)
- Ghana Mission Team/School Angels Ministry
- Days for Girls
- Benevelent fund
- Media Ministry
- Kitchen ministry
- Childrens Church
- Nursery Program
Please note: There is a 3% fee charged to the church for this service so your donation statement at the end of the year for tax purposes, will show the amount minus the fee." Example: $100 donation. Minus $3 fee = $97 donation to FBC Welcome.
A tithe—which just means “tenth”—is defined as the first 10% of a person’s income before taxes or anything else comes out.
Offering is above and beyond your tithe. It comes in response to God's generosity and out of a love for Him.